quick info: click the pic to enlarge and see it better, hover over pics and links for additional information

Sunday, June 13, 2004

the country

With my birthday a week from today, an old college roomate wanted to get together to celebrate. I got 'directions to the country' and we went for a visit. Misti and Jason were not only kind enough to let us stay, but Misti greeted me at the door with a Bud Light. The drive there always makes me think of Bevan. (I recall driving to the funeral and seeing Scott on the tractor in Waverly. Even worse is the drive to Northern Virginia). But it was an awesome drive. I was listening to tunes from the days when we used to hang out and it was a gorgeous day.

We had a great time in Disputanta. We reminisced and looked at pictures from the college days. Sabrina was happy to get to jump on the trampoline and play with the (five) dogs. I met some interesting characters. The cast included the funny guy (with a great story), the birthday girl, the atypical married guy, and the fireman. I ate lots of watermelon jello, jammed out to Tom Petty, drank a swig or two of Wild Turkey, danced in a bar that did not know how to make a Red-Headed Slut, received my first birthday present (Misti, I forgot it- oh no!) and saw more stars in the sky than I could ever see in Norfolk.

It was great. She should expect us again. :-)

A great trip would not be complete (it seems) without mention of the law. Yes, I got a 'summons for a speeding violation' (that's what he said) on the way home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read that your little vaction in the country brought back such unhappy memories. I hope it also presented some new good ones also.

I am also not happy about the speeding ticket!!

Love you,

Mom

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! I enjoyed yours and Sabrina's Company this past weekend. We definitly have to do it again.
It was so great seeing you and Brina. Yes, you did leave your b-day present, so you have an excuse to come
back down and get it:) Sorry that Michaels didn't have a red-headed slut, but a handsome fella in a red hat.
I'm even more upset caused they messed up the flamin dr.pepper. Oh well, next time I will be prepared--I promise.
Looking foward to our adventures to come. Love you! Misti

Ps- Sorry about the ticket.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home